Sunday, May 20, 2012

Soap Swirling

Swirled Cold Process Soap:  1st attempt

This is how my first attempt at swirling Cold Process Soap wend down!    Suffice it to say that I learned alot in the process.    I need to make it at a thinner trace so that the soap remains 'pourable' and I need to make sure the batch is bigger so that the mold will be full.   I think it has great potential once I get the hang of how much coloring to use so that they are not so dark.  

So I will give it another try this week and will post more photos so that you can get a sense of what it is really supposed to look like.



Today is the feast of the Ascension.   Our Easter Season is really moving along.   Sundays are wonderful here in the Monastery:  focus is on prayer, quiet, community.   We have recreation together in the evening and have recently learned some fun new card games.   My sister Marybeth came to visit in April and taught us:
"Crazy Hate Your Neighbor".   Sounds like a game played in the monastery?   Well it really is alot of fun and has us laughing and enjoying each others' company.    Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment